Hey everyone! Happy May! Does anyone else feel like the months are flying by? I’m 95% sure that Valentine’s Day was last week and we’ve somehow jumped to Cinco De Mayo! *looks around suspiciously while eating chips and guac* I’m happy to be back on the blog and share that I’ve teamed up with Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant to tell you an embarrassing/educational story about how hosting a yoga class in New York City has changed how I prepare for and think about my workouts.
The year was 2017… I had just finished holding on for dear life in a crowded, rush hour subway car while on my way to host my first yoga class! It was definitely a big day for me because 1.) I had never hosted anything before and 2.) I had rarely participated in group yoga. I have loved yoga for years, but I’ve always completed my practice alone, so I was so nervous! There was a group of about 15 of us. We introduced ourselves and I even made it through a quick welcome speech. I took a sign of relief when we started our practice, but was suddenly and rudely interrupted by a growing stench. I realized that I was the culprit and was immediately horrified! It was the end of a hot NYC day; and after that subway ride and now the yoga class, my mediocre deodorant just wasn’t doing the job. I spent the rest of the class trying to my best to keep my movements slow and confined so I wouldn’t assault the rest of the class, but I know that those who went in for a hug after class definitely regretted that decision – ugh!
I went home understandably mortified and decided that wasn’t going to happen again. After some crowdsourcing, I learned about Secret Clinical Strength deodorant and now it is my go-to everyday deodorant. Whether I’m walking down a runway, at a client meeting, or hosting a yoga class, this product helps me feel safe and in control! My favorite thing about Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid is that you can use it just once for all-day, strong wetness protection. It is definitely not fun to be caught off guard by sweat, smells, or any mixture of the two! That embarrassing day taught me a lot about how to prepare for a workout and stay confident throughout! Let’s break it down:
- The first step is to simply show up! Maybe you’re nervous or unmotivated? Maybe you feel too busy to take some time for yourself? Or maybe you’re feeling overwhelmed by the pressure of today’s beauty standards? You could be hosting a class like I was or maybe you’re working out just for you? There will always be a million reasons to quit before you start, but show up anyway.
- Expect the best, but prepare for the worst. I know, I know! This sounds unnecessarily extreme. A workout usually isn’t a dire situation, but hear me out. It’s important to be in positive mindset and believe that you are 100% capable of what you set out to do (Cause you are!), but it’s wise to also stay prepared in case something goes wrong. You don’t plan on getting in a car crash, but you wear your seat belt just in case, right? That is how I feel about wearing Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid. Maybe your old deodorant has been holding up so far; but honestly, why risk the discomfort of B.O. and unwanted pit stains?
- Work your booty off. Not literally, because butts are incredible. Your butt is incredible! But go the heck off! Put in work! Slay! I choose “D.) All the above;” because going 100% feels so good when you’re finally done!
- Okay listen up, because this one is important! Shaming yourself is never the right choice! We lose our confidence when we allow self-shaming thoughts to linger in our minds for a little too long. The wild thing about our thoughts is that if we think something for too long, our brain will start to change what we know to be true. Have you ever looked at a word for too long and then all of a sudden it looks unfamiliar or misspelt? It’s kinda like that. If we challenge all of our confident thoughts with judgment and shame, we will begin to question our confidence. So if a negative thought comes in, I suggest countering it with a positive affirmation! I personally like “I am loved, beautiful and strong!”
- Last, but not least… BE PROUD of yourself! Whether you hit your goal or totally missed the mark, you showed up! You set out to do something that will ultimately benefit you and that intention is important. The great thing about what I learned is that these tips aren’t just about working out! These are applicable to any big event or moment that is going on in your life! No matter how big of a day it is and no matter how nervous you are, Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid has got your covered. Nothing will ever go completely as planned, but be sure to prep for what you can and make the best out of what you can’t!
Thank you for taking the time to read this post! I hope you have an incredible rest of your day!
With love + gratitude,
Sponsored by Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant